Recruitment firm Adelante LLC is looking for a Social Manager for the hydroelectric project in Georgia managed by joint venture between foreign and Georgian governments.
Key job tasks are:
• Establish connections and build relationships with community leaders;
• Manage the public consultation process designed to meet the company’s stakeholder engagement plan and compliance requirements of lenders and regulators;
• Develop and maintain the stakeholder database;
• Assist in consistency of information conveyed to local communities by the different project teams in order to reduce confusion and conflicting messages or commitments;
• Manage the involvement of local stakeholders in project monitoring;
• Assist in preparing annual work plan;
• Manage the implementation of the livelihood restoration strategies;
• Support and monitor the implementation of the land acquisition process;
• Coordinate weekly and monthly work plan of social staff to assure coverage of community liaison venues;
• Advise on communication strategies with local communities and NGOs including news releases, community magazine, social media, web copy and other strategic communications.
NB Job description cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Candidate should have:
• University degree in a relevant field (socio-economic, international development);
• 7-10 years of similar experience/role in an international project - major infrastructure / Hydro Power Plant, ideally;
• Human Resources management experience;
• International financing agencies performance standards experience;
• Fluency in Georgian and English;
• Full computer skills;
• Leadership and excellent communication skills (oral and written).
NB interviews will be held weekly, make sure you apply promptly. Upload your English CV.